Usually, I write about my favourites on friday, but this week I will be doing it on Thursday for two reasons-
1- I am writing this post as a piece of ‘homework’ assigned by my favourite podcast- the Joy the Baker Podcast- where I am to write about my five current favourite things.
2- We are off to London very early tomorrow morning, and I don’t see myself being anywhere near a computer to be able to put a post up tomorrow…
So… here are five of my favourite things right now, today.
1. These are two blankets that my sister sent to the girls. Why are they my favourites? They are the best for traveling with. They are bright colours, have the girls names on them, and they are a piece of home that the girls can take with them to make them comfortable when we are away.
2. All of my new nail polishes that I got in Turkey. I’m so into nail polish these days (and so is Alara…) and I am loving all of my new colours. (If you are wondering why there is nail polish on the outside of all of them, one of the bottles broke in my suitcase on the flight home, don’t even ask what kind is mess that made!)
3. These decaf coffee pads for my senseo coffee maker. As a breastfeeding mother, I try to drink only decaf coffee, which I do drink a lot of. In the beginning, this was really difficult because all of the other pad coffee, especially the expensive ones tasted terrible. Then, my friend Hege introduced me to this Carrefour Discount brand of coffee, and it is by far the best decaf coffee out there! (the Carrefour Discount cashews are also rocking my world!)
*Carrefour is a grocery store chain here in Europe
4. Here it is, the Belgian chocolate that I am currently addicted to, (thank you very much Jane!). I’m loving this dark chocolate with orange. It comes in a box with 18 individually wrapped chocolates that are out of this world! The only bad thing is that I eat them far too quickly. This is actually a picture of the last two pieces, and an empty box!
5. Instagram is now on Android! Before my iPhone went to sleep and didn’t wake up I was just getting started with Instagram. I bought a little inexpensive android phone, and had to give it up. Now that it is available for Androids, I am totally going to get into it again. You can find me on it at afamilyslife – just as you see in the picture.
So those are my five favourite things today. As I mentioned, we are off to London tomorrow and then the Cotswolds for a day. I’ll be back on Monday to let you all know how the trip went.
Have a listen to the Joy the Baker Podcast- Joy and Tracy (from shutterbean.com) are hilarious!
Hope to see you all on Instagram!